(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Move Over, Martha

I am not Martha Stewart. I'm often seen as the anti Martha. because I am not very domestic. The first time I brought a cake I made to work, I shocked everyone. It's not that I don't like to cook, I just rarely have the time. Today I took the time to make some chili using my mom's recipe. It is seriously the best chili I have ever had. And it's so simple to make. Did I mention that there's lots of leftovers, too? That's best part.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup green pepper
2 15 oz. cans drained Kidney Beans
1 Tablespoon chili powder
dash of salt and pepper
3 cups tomato juice
Add a couple of drops of lemon juice
Dash of cinnamon

Directions
1. Brown meat and onion.
2. Add everything else. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes, stirring frequently.

Serve hot-- I like to top mine with a bit of shredded cheese and oyster crackers. It is the perfect meal for fall.

No comments: