(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sleep with One Eye Open

I always have such a hard time falling asleep on Sunday nights. I think it's the end of the weekend blues. This past Sunday it was particularly difficult. As I was falling asleep, I kept hearing a rustling sound--it kept moving from one side of the room to another. I turned on my light and didn't see anything. I went back to bed. This went on for about twenty minutes before I finally figured out it was a bat! I freaked out. There's something about a rodent that flies about my room that creeps me out. Ewww.... If it was a mouse or a bug, I wouldn't have freaked out. I'm a tough girl. My dad had me help him catch mice and voles as a kid. Back to the bat, my roommate was very calm and got the bat trapped in the sun room. I slept with my light on and the covers pulled tightly over my head. So silly, I know. I have never been afraid of the dark or monsters or the boogie man. Just things that fly about my room at night. I'm sleeping with one eye open.

No comments: