(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Breakthrough

No, I am not going to blog about Mary J. Blige's album, "the Breakthrough;" (although, it is a good cd) I had a breakthrough with my screenplay today! For the first time in months I worked on it and I feel like it's moving in a direction that is workable and more realistic for me. I don't know what inspired me, but I am hoping I can keep up the momentum. I spent about an hour working on it and it has a completely different direction and focus. I've got rough ideas for the three acts. So excited. For the past three years, this has been the one project that has helped me to keep my sanity. It was really stressing me out that I had this huge writer's block that I couldn't kick. And that is not what writing should be. It's my therapy. It's what makes me happy. Hopefully, I can continue this momentum.

No comments: