(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm Alive!

I know I haven't blogged in a super, super long time. I don't have the interwebs at home (yet), so I have to haul ass to the local Starbucks, which is only three blocks from my house. The thing is when I do go to Starbucks to do Internet stuff, I've got so much to do that I forget about my poor neglected blog. Anyways, no excuses...


Things are going really well. I am enjoying my job again for the first time in six months. It makes a huge difference. My neighborhood is great and I love that I can walk to practically everything. I have only had to fill my car up with gas once since moving here. I have never, ever done that in all my years of driving.


My roommate and I found two of the Unique Thrift Stores in Chicago. They are just as good, if not better than the ones in Minnesota. I was a bit concerned about the lack of quality thrift stores in Chicago. After all, Minnesota does have some of the best in the country. We both found a ton of good stuff. I found a winter coat, a brown clutch, three necklaces, and winter boots all for $25. That made me happy, I was really missing my Unique Thrift store. Steve found coats, flannels, ties, scarves and shoes galour.


There's a Dunkin' Donuts on practically every corner. Sadly, I haven't felt the urge to visit them. I was pretty shocked by that. I thought for sure I'd go Dunkin' Donuts crazy. Maybe my urge was satisfied by visiting the uber ghetto one in Branson this summer.

Anyways, life in Chicago is good. I promise more blogging and pictures of my new 'hood.

No comments: