(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bad Blogger

I have been a horrible blogger lately. I don't know why. It might have been the awful flu I came down with last week. You know, the one that EVERYONE had. It knocked me off my feet for two days and has taken until this week to sort of feel back to normal. My appetite has been way off. I've always been a good eater. Last week, I could barely eat two meals a day. A package of Quaker Oatmeal was too much to eat for breakfast. A can of soup was enough for dinner. Totally not normal for me. I found that I didn't really need/want caffeine, either. A cup of coffee was just enough for breakfast (I normally drink two or three cups). All of that is slowly coming back. Very bizarre.

The Academy Awards always serve as a major inspiration for me and this year was no exception. I was so excited for Diablo Cody. I really wanted her to win, but I totally didn't expect it. And the Cohen Brothers really cleaned up. I loved how Joel thanked everyone for "sharing a little piece of the sandbox" with them. I have always loved the Cohen Brothers and it is so obvious that they have such a love of writing and making movies. Like the Cohen Brothers, I've been writing ever since I can remember. It's a great love of writing that developed when I was organizing neighborhood plays in elementary school. The story about how they went to the Minneapolis Airport to make a movie about Henry Kissinger was hilarious. It reminded me of something I would've done as a kid.

I am hoping that my return to normalcy health wise and the Oscars can motivate me to spend more time on my own writing. It's been suffering lately.

No comments: