(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Friday, February 8, 2008

Stop the Caucus Complaining!

I am really tired of hearing people complain about their caucus experiences this past Tuesday. They ran out of ballots! I voted on a post-it note! The horror. I had to wait in a really long line that went around the block nine times. Oh, no! It was really cold waiting in the really long line that went around the block nine times. -Sniff-. I was there for three hours! I missed "American Idol." It's called TiVo. To me, these complaints seems pety and small. And very selfish. There are so many countries where people don't have the freedom to vote or if they do, they have to fight violence to go vote. What happened on Tuesday was a great example of democracy in action. I think it is so cool that there was a record turnout. It shows that Minnesotans take their politics seriously and aren't going to sit back and wait for change. It is especially great that younger voters got out and rocked the vote (caucus). This is what people should be focused on; not a couple miscalculations of the turnout. Unfortunately, I was unable to go caucus. I had to work that night and I couldn't find someone to switch with. I was pretty sad about it. I know that if I had the chance to go, it would've been exciting. I'm a bit of a dork and I love to go vote/ caucus. It makes me feel like I'm doing my part. Ever since I turned eighteen, I've taken every opportunity to go vote. It's our duty as Americans. Lines and make shift ballots are so minor. Get over it.

2 comments:

The Cheap Chick said...

Exactly! If you are an American and DON'T VOTE, I think you deserve to be booted from the country. Everyone should at least vote in the Presidential elections. Otherwise, quit your bitchin'.

Thank you for the wise words, as usual.

Michelle said...

Your welcome! :)