(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Branson and Moving

I'm back from my mini-vacation to Branson, MO for my cousin's wedding. I had such a good time. It was great to actually be able to spend more than a day with the relatives and I really was in need of a vacation. And we went to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast one morning. I pigged out on donuts, of course. The coffee, unfortunately, was boiled and horrible. At least the donuts were good. Branson is a weird mix of the Wisconsin Dells and Vegas. Of course, lots of white trash tourists, too. It's almost like I never left the MOA. We made the mistake of going to the outlet mall on a Saturday--it was awful. White Trash Fest '08. Ugh.

Back in the 612, the reality of moving has hit me. It's weird how I went from thinking it was a long ways away to it's happening in less than a month. I think that the cleaning out of my apartment has really helped. This week, I sold my guitar and my crappy IKEA bookshelf. I only have nine days left at work. I still am super excited, but I'm also kind of sad. I will miss many of my co-workers. I will miss my local hangouts. But, at the same time, I am looking forward to starting over. This is a huge change. The last time I made a change that was even close to this was going to college. And that doesn't really count. College is such a controlled environment and this is, well, the real world. It'll be nice to step outside of my comfort zone. Find a new coffee shop and favorite pizza place. I cannot wait. More importantly, locate my creativity. It's in there somewhere. It has to be.


No comments: