(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Monday, August 4, 2008

Furniture Liquidation Sale Update

The Furniture Liquidation Sale is loosing momentum. I guess it had to happen at some point. I probably jinxed myself. I still need to put my bed and kitchen table on there, but I am waiting until I get back from my cousin's wedding this weekend. That will be the last of the big money items. I've got my guitar on there right now, and no one has inquired about it. The guitar is the stupidest thing I ever bought. I was young and ambitious and really wanted to learn to play the guitar. Eight years later, I don't recall anything I learned. I spent an entire pay check on that. Ahhh... to be young and frivolous with my money. I haven't done that in a long time. I'm way too practical.

Off I go to do some more cleaning. I swear that's all I do lately. Of course, this is what happens when you're a packrat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, WHAT? Why are you moving? And where in Chicago? And, like, WHAT?????

This is what happens when I fall behind in my blog reading.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I'd kinda like to see you keep the guitar. Maybe as an inspiration for something new to do in Chicago when writing stalls.

Michelle said...

Cheap Chick,

I'm moving at the end of the month. I know, I know, it came out of no where. I'll still be working in retail for the same company. I just really needed a change. I'll be living in Wicker Park.

Muffy,

I sold the guitar last night. It went to a good home, though. A mom bought it for her son, who wanted a guitar. It was a good thought to hang on to it, but I honestly don't see myself learning to play it. Plus, moving it, would be less than fun.