(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Friday, April 6, 2007

Welcome to my Personal Hell

The past two days I've been living in my own personal musical hell. I've had this crappy Nickelback (are there really any good Nickelback songs?) song stuck in my head. I don't know the name of it, but it's the one where the brilliant Chad Kroger rhymes cried, died, alive and sighed. Very creative. It is horrible. Ugh. Since I've had this stuck in my head, I've been wondering who really enjoys Nickelback? I don't. I never have. Most of my friends don't. Who is Nickelback's target audience? Frat boys? White Trash America? The deaf? I just don't get it. I admit that I am a bit of a musical snob. I can recognize musical talent even I personally don't like the band. But Nickelback? It amazes me that they are popular.

I have decided that Nickelback songs would fit nicely in a lesson on writing poetry as a bad example.

No comments: