(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Gloves are better than Mittens for Driving

Today was one of those days where I really wished the Black Hole of Death aka the Mall of America had special parking for employees. I don't think it's fair that I have to risk my life with the idiots to find a parking spot. People seem to forgot how to drive and be courteous. It's like turning into the parking ramp sucks all the common sense out of their brains. Although, I sometimes question if they have it to begin with. In order to save my sanity and to arrive at work in a timely fashion, I always allot more than enough time to find a parking spot and get to work. I have discovered that it is just easier and I am less stressed out. I've got it down to a science. I usually circle the first level a couple of times before I give up and go up to another level-- sometimes the roof or sometimes screaming and parking in the over flow lot at IKEA. Ninety-nine percent of the time I find a spot on the first floor. Today was of the one percent variety. Why? Because people are rude and morons. After circling for about five minutes, I saw an open spot in the next row. I quickly drove over there and put my signal on when I saw this big SUV driving about 40 miles an hour and aced me out of the parking spot. How rude! Of course, it was some white trash suburban mom with nothing better to do than shop. I didn't try to go for the spot because an SUV will always beat my tiny Focus. This really annoyed me. I was clearly there first. All I wanted to do was park my car and go to work. I continued circling the wagons. Next up a car was blocking the main lane to the aisles because they were waiting for a parking spot. This resulted in lots of horn honking. You don't block an aisle! DUH! That was minor compared to what happened next. I was going down a main aisle when a car turned out of no where and narrowly missed hitting my car. All I could do was lay on my horn and pray. There was no way I could even swerve out of they way because I'd hit a parked car or a cement pole. The guy was not paying attention because he was on his cell phone. I doubt he even realized what happened. The guy behind him sure did. He laughed at my reaction to the situation. I flipped him off with my glove covered finger. Glad I didn't wear my mittens, like I usually do. Of course, that wouldn't stop me from flipping someone off. He would've gotten an angry mitten. I just don't get why he felt the need to point and laugh. It's not funny that I was almost in an accident. Not funny at all. It was at this point that I gave up on the first floor and drove up to the second where I quickly found a spot in the second row. I immediately ran to buy myself a cup of coffee to calm my rage. All I wanted to do was go to work. Is that too much to ask?

I really hate people and I hate the holidays.

No comments: