(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Friday, December 21, 2007

A Very Special White Trash Moment at the Mall

Yesterday at work I happened upon one of the funniest white trash family moments that I've stumbled upon in a long time: a woman pushing a Marshall's shopping cart (not in Marshall's) with three rugrats in it. Wow. Seriously. How did they get the cart out of Marshall's without the alarm going off? The kids were totally out of control; crawling all over the cart and shoving french fries into their mouths and wiping their greasy fingers on each other, all while mommy and her friend shopped. Of course, they didn't pay any attention to the kids until one of the kids hit the other and screaming ensued. Then it was the typical white trash response of "shut up!" That always works. Being the seasoned retail veteran that I am, it really takes a lot to shock me, and this scene made me want to go laugh in the corner and I felt appalled at the same time. I just don't get people. At the same time, whenever I see something like this, I can't help watch them like a bunch of animals in the zoo. It just looked so tacky and trashy and very Brittney Spears to see this woman with the shopping cart. It was classy. Klassy with a K.

No comments: