(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Shoes!

Aren't these just the coolest sneakers ever? They really take me back to when I was 12. I was a bit of tomboy and loved Nikes. I had a pair of navy and grey ones for basketball. I loved those shoes. In 8th grade, I saved my baby-sitting money to buy myself a pair of black and red Air Jordans for basketball even though my dad assured me that the shoes would not help my game. I recall being a total trend setter of the middle school set. None of the other girls wore boys shoes. I took a fair amount of flack for it, but looking back it was one of the first times I took a fashion risk and didn't care what others thought. I just loved my shoes. Yesterday I was so excited to find the perfect NIkes that make me excited and happy like I felt when I was a preteen. I found them at Journey's (of all places). A perfect use of my Christmas money from my grandparents. I can't wait to wear them. They're a nice change from my chucks. So pretty, yet very tough.

No comments: