(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Monday, December 31, 2007

What Not to Wear: the Home Game


In honor of the New Year's Resolutions, I bring you, "What Not to Wear: the Home Game." I think everyone needs to do this at least once a year. Maybe more Even if you have good fashion sense, you still need to purge your closet. My closet was so full, I didn't think I could I fit another article of clothing in it. I know, I know. I do work in retail and I can never pass up a good deal. After 5.5 years of retail, I accumulated a lot of interesting articles of clothing. I also have a hard time parting with some of my favorite articles of clothing--even though I know I will never wear them. The key to playing "What Not to Wear: the At Home Game" is to be in the right mood to get rid of stuff. And a really honest friend, who can tell you that you're never, ever going to wear the ugly pink and grey herringbone blazer even though you only paid $5.82 for it (yes, I really did have that lurking in my closet). With my friend, Steve's help, we what not to weared my closet and filled four big bags of clothes and shoes.

I really like the brown fairisle poncho peaking out of the red bag. That was such a great purchase. I never wore it. I was planning on wearing it as a skirt over jeans. Yikes.

I am so excited to start the new year with a well-organized, room to grow closet. My fashion resolution for 2008 is need to stop buying crazy patterned shirts. More solids.

If only I could have the $5000 Bank of America card to fill my closet with more clothing.

No comments: