(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Last Month in Minneapolis

I've got 31 days left in Minneapolis. Wow. It still sorta seems surreal that I'm moving to Chicago in a month. At the same time, I am so excited. I've been stuck in a horrible rut for way too long. I just need some kind of change. I am really hoping that I can locate my creativity, too. It's been lost for a couple of months. I cannot even recall the last time I sat down to work on my screenplay. It's not like I haven't thought about it, but I haven't made the time to sit down and work on it. Grrr...

The last time I made a major move I was 18 years old. I came to Minneapolis for college at the U and I haven't left. Well, I did go home to Wisconsin for breaks, but that was it. I really think this move is well overdue. I recall when I graduated from college, I really wanted to move somewhere new. I didn't care where, really. I just wanted an adventure. I was far too practical and instead I ventured into corporate America. I totally should've listened to the voice inside of me and moved somewhere and worked as a barista (which is the job I thought was cool when I was 22).

I am really excited to be able to spend more time with my relatives. My Aunt was happy when I told about my move. She said she always knew that I'd move back to Chicago. I will be able to walk from work to her house. I can baby-sit for my cousin's kid. My Dad will only be two hours away. I can actually go to a Packers game with him. I can see his 3,000 Daffodils. At the same time, it is an adventure. A fresh start. It's finally starting to sink in. I cannot wait to move. Don't get me wrong, I will miss Minneapolis and my friends, but a new start is so appealing. It's just what I need.


4 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Good Luck in Chicago - I really hope it helps you blossom your creativity and find your inner strength to finish that screenplay!

Michelle said...

Thanks, Muffy!

Becca said...

Oh I'm glad I found your blog. I am also in my 30th year, and recently made a big move from the MN. I will be an avid follower, so you better write some good stuff! :)

Michelle said...

Uh-oh, Becca. That's quite the pressure to put on me. :) Where did you move to? I am excited that someone else made a similar move. Glad you found my blog, too.