(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Week in Review



Last Sunday I spent Father's Day with my relatives on my Aunt and Uncle's boat. Despite the overcast day, we had a good time on Lake Michigan. I haven't been able to do this in years. It's always been a tradition for my family to spend Father's Day on the boat. I had a really good time and for the first time in my life I actually enjoyed the boat ride. Normally, half of the boat ride is spent trying to fight nausea. Not anymore. I think at the age of thirty, I've finally kicked motion sickness! As a child I'd have to take Dramamine before going on the boat. On several occasions it was so bad, I had to lay down on the floor of the boat. I don't miss those days.
Later in the week, I braved the DMV. I needed to get Illinois license plates because my Minnesota ones expire at the end of the month. I put this off for quite a while because I'd heard horror stories about the Chicago DMV: Long lines, mean employees, and lots of frustration. I felt none of this. Yeah, there was a short line, but moved very quickly. The DMV employees were well organized and move people to the correct line quickly. I was in and out in 25 minutes. A record for any DMV I've ever been in. I was shocked! And very impressed. I had myself braced for three hours of waiting and DMV rage. Not the case.
All in all, a pretty good week.

No comments: