(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sad

Yesterday I was shocked and saddened to find out that the Oak Street Cinema is more than likely closing its doors in May. I love that theater. I used to go there quite a bit in college. When I lived in T-Hall, it was practically in my backyard. They hosted the Minneapolis- Saint Paul International Film Fest and other cool events. I love old theaters with character. It makes watching movies a much better experience than at the 24 screen multi-plex.

I just hate it when old buildings like that get closed and torn down in order to build more housing. I wish that someone could save it and if they don't show movies there, they could turn it into a restaurant or a club (sorta of a la the Varsity Theater). I'll have to make sure that I make it there one last time before it closes.

No comments: