(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Friday, May 4, 2007

If You Ask a Stupid Question....

Tonight Jen and I went shopping for shoes to wear to the rehearsal dinner for Nikki's wedding. We were in a store that shall remain nameless that pretty much sells nothing but shoes. They do have some accessories, but not a whole lot. The sales person comes up to us and asks, "What are you looking for?" Jen replied, "Shoes." I had all I could do to not burst out laughing. What else could we have come in there looking for? Toilet paper? Maybe some underwear. Or jeans. What kind of question was that? Seriously. "What kind of shoes are you looking for?" would be far better or my favorite, "Can I help you find anything?" As Jen put it, if you ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer. And that is why Jen is my friend. She's a smart ass and straight forward.

No comments: