(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Sunday, May 13, 2007

It's Time to Make the Donuts

I live in such a donut void. I know that there are a lot of Krispy Kremes, but that doesn't count. I grew up on Dunkin' Donuts. The real donut. They make Krispy Kremes look wimpy. So many different kinds. The powder sugar donut filled with a vanilla or whipped cream filling. The classic jelly filled and covered with sugar. The Boston Cream. So good. When I was little I loved the strawberry jelly filled donut. I always made such a mess. I managed to bite into the donut at the wrong spot and squirt a stream of jelly all over. Or I ended up with jelly all over my fingers and face. We'd have them on the weekends as a treat. I loved it at church when we'd have Dunkin' Donuts after church. In my Advanced Journalism class we had them every Friday. I've been craving a good Dunkin' Donuts donut for quite a while, and there isn't one in the Twin Cities area. It's just so odd. If you go to Chicago, there's a Dunkin' Donuts on every corner. There are even 24 hour Dunkin' Donuts. So, why isn't there any here in Minneapolis? Where did all the Dunkin' Donuts go? And don't tell me that I should go to Krispy Kreme--it's not the same. Byerly's don't cut it either. Only Dunkin Donuts will do. Yum. A Donut and coffee.

No comments: