(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Monday, May 14, 2007

Where is the Queen of Procrastination?

I have to admit that I have spent a good chunk of my adult life as a procrastinator. I honed this skill in college. I was the master of the night before paper writing or test cramming. I found many others like myself and we would spend many happy hours avoiding our homework. We'd watch movies or late night television, go flower picking, make Taco Bell runs, have fashion shows, and perform secret covert spy operations in the dorm. I would even help others write papers before I'd write my own. In graduate school, my procrastination become worse. I was just so good at it. Today for one of my first times in my almost 29 years on this planet, I am not procrastinating. Shocking, I know. I have started to get myself organized for my trip to Motown next week. My suitcase is out, I've made lists, and I've been to Super Target for toiletries. My usual packing style (for trips or moving) is to wait until the last minute and just throw things into my suitcase, or in the case of moving boxes. It always works out, too. This time around I am going to try being a little more type A. So far, so good....

No comments: