(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Where Does My Time Go?

I have never been fond of people who whine and moan about how stressed out they are. In college it drove me crazy when people were complaining about how they had five ten pages papers to do and all this other stuff. Just shut up and do it. I also think in a lot of situations people bring on the stress themselves. That brings me to my own life.

Recently, I have sorta been unhappy about how my own free time seems to slip through my fingers. I don't know what happens to it. I have to admit that it has left me feeling sorta stressed. I have just spent the last four years of my life working full-time and going to school full-time. I think I had a better grasp on my free-time. Now, I spend my days off or days that I don't work until later sleeping or being lazy. I have a lot of things that I need/ want to be working on, yet I don't have time for it. What gets in the way of this? Household chores like dishes and laundry. I seriously need a 48 hour day. I don't even want to talk about my screenplay. It is so horribly neglected. I feel like I've lost focus with it. Free reading? I've got about three books that are partially started piling up on my nightstand. Journaling? I haven't done that in eight months.

Now that I've complained about this problem. I've got a a solution. I think I am going to start setting aside 15-20 of "me" time where I can read or work on my screenplay. I really need some sort of creative outlet on a daily basis, or I head towards the point of insanity. It's not like I'm never creative. I always have tons of things going through my head, the ideas never get down on paper.

Whew... I feel so much better.

3 comments:

Catherine Weber said...

I hear ya, man. Rather than a 48 hour day, I want a 3-day weekend! (Instead of a 1-day weekend!) I've been journaling and reading some, but haven't touched my cookbook in MONTHS. Perhaps we should start a "we must work on our life projects" support group??

Michelle said...

What's a three day weekend? :) We should start a support group of sorts.... and at least get together at a coffee shop so we can work on our projects.

Catherine Weber said...

If I only had a laptop . . .