(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Writing Exercise

I've been having a horribly hard time working on my screenplay lately. I don't know what it is, but I haven't been able to even write a sentence. Well, last night, I made an attempt to break the writer's block cycle. I went through my old journals and wrote down ideas for scenes. It made me feel a lot better. It was kind of funny to read what I wrote three and a half years ago. I did such a good job being honest and not sugar coating anything. It was all there-- anger, happiness, frustration, etc. I almost felt like I was reading a stranger's journal. I am such a different person than I was back then. I definitely think it will help with my main character. I am so glad that I used to journal everyday. I am feeling a lot more at ease with my screenplay. I am in a much better spot with it .

No comments: