(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Saturday, May 3, 2008

For the Love of Bad Customer Service

Yesterday on my break at work, I got a cup of coffee from Starbucks and went over to For Love, the accessories store of Forever 21. I am on the hunt for a necklace to go with my dress for a wedding. I was in the store for a grand total of ten minutes and no one said a word to me. There was about four sales associates that were apparently too cool for school to talk to me. They greeted and acknowledged every other customer in the store. I was staring at a wall of necklaces when Suzie Sales Associate made her way over to me to inform me that I couldn't have a drink in the store. She would be happy to hold the drink for me at the counter while I shopped. WTF. Great customer service skill. She had a great totally teen attitude, too. Nobody else noticed. My beverage had a lid on it and I wasn't planning on dumping it all over the cheap merchandise. I could see if I had a big cup of soda sans lid or a big pretzel with a cup of cheese, but I was holding a cup of coffee with a lid on it. I was so shocked. I have never been in a store where you couldn't have a beverage with a lid on it. I didn't know what to do. I told Suzie that I was on my way out anyways. She was so snotty about it. I wasn't about to leave my drink with her. She'd probably spill it or put something in it. I wanted to ask her if her mommy drove her to work. Or where was the sign about no Food or Drink in the store? I just can't be that customer no matter how much I want to. I am partial to the rock star exit of dumping the coffee slowly onto the table of scarves and knocking the table over. Sadly, I am not a rock star and cannot do something like that no matter how much I want to. Plus, I paid money for the coffee and I'd like to enjoy it.

I just left. My coffee didn't taste as good because of rude snotty Suzie. It really isn't worth it to make a scene with a snotty teen who makes six dollars an hour. I can find better jewelry at thrift stores anyways.

No comments: