(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Who Does Stuff Like This?

Today I went down to the basement to throw in a load of laundry when I discovered that someone has been using my laundry detergent. There's no way I've used 3/4 of a bottle so quickly. No way. I don't do that much laundry. It has to be my neighbors. I live in a duplex and my roommate wouldn't do something like that. I just don't get it. If they were out of detergent, please ask me. I'd be happy to let them use my detergent. This just strikes me as such immature college behavior. Back in the days of college, this probably would've started WW III with my roommates. Of course, back then, it was who used my cookie sheet? Or who ate my chili? I just don't get it. I would never do something like that without asking. I guess I'll have to keep my detergent locked up in my apartment. It's so much more convenient to keep it in the basement, but I can't afford to keep buying more detergent.

This same sort of behavior is occurring at work, as well. Someone has been raiding the frig and cupboards and eating other people's food. Nothing outstanding, either. Half-eaten, day-old Subway sandwiches, leftover frozen pizza, leftover salads and yogurt. Seriously? I really don't get that. If you're going to eat someone's food, make it good. I really don't get this. It's usually not too hard to figure out who's eating the food. Just don't do it! This behavior is just so odd and childish. It reminds me of the episode of "Friends" where Monica makes Ross one of her special sandwiches-- leftover turkey, gravy, and mashed potatoes. Ross brings the sandwich to work and someone eats it. Long story short, Ross goes crazy and is fired. I think this is one of those things I will never understand. What it comes down to is a lack of respect for other people's property and a general immaturity and serious lameness.

No comments: