(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Monday, May 12, 2008

Today's Moment of Clarity Brought to You by Soul Asylum

Today while I was driving home from work "Runaway Train" by Soul Asylum was on the radio. I was never a huge Soul Asylum fan, but for some reason, I resisted the urge to change the station. Sort of glad that I did. As I was literally parked on 4th Street headed towards Central, I had this huge realization that this song really describes my life right now. Who would've ever guess that a song that was popular twelve years ago, would hit home. The chorus was the part that practically screamed at me:

"Runaway train never going back
Wrong way on a one way track
Seems like I should be getting somewhere
Somehow I'm neither here nor there."
Wow. It's as if David Pierner climbed inside my head. It's just so fitting. The image of the a runaway train fits so well. It's my life in a nutshell right now. It was like it was a wake up call to get my life back on track. I love it when a song hits so close to home. It is so very comforting. Right now that's about the best thing ever. And I have a song from 1994 to thank. Ahhh....Soul Asylum.

No comments: