(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Friday, June 27, 2008

The Revenge of My Retainer

The other night I got my toothbrush stuck in my permanent retailer on the back of my lower teeth. After a bit of a struggle, I realized that I popped the bracket off the end. It really didn't hurt, but now I have a teeny tiny wire sticking up and poking my tongue. It's making talking and eating difficult. And is really annoying. At work I am convinced that people thought I had a speech impediment. It was sort of funny in a David Sedaris sort of way. I oscillated between being embarrassed and wanting to making my faux impediment worse. I know, I know. I'm sick. Anything though, to get me through the day.

Anyways, back to my retainer.. I feel like this is orthodontic payback for accidentally throwing out my non permanent retainer at Mc Donald's and at school when I was little. Grrrr.... Hopefully, I can get it fixed soon.

No comments: