(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Friday, June 27, 2008

Two Special White Trash Moments

The other day I was waiting patiently in line at Holiday to pay for my ghetto ice tea, the giant Arizona Green Tea, when I heard the most ignorant and appalling statement I have ever heard in my life. "Man, she's got it made. I needs to gets me one of those. It be so much easier to get around." The woman was talking about a wheelchair. She kept going on and on about how great this would be. Her friend kept trying to get her to quiet down, but she wouldn't. I really wanted to say something, but I was so speechless, I didn't know what to say. I just stood there, dumbfounded. The woman in the wheelchair overheard this nonsense and came over. She told the super rude woman "at least you can use your legs." The Super rude woman didn't get it. And probably never will. I really give the woman in the wheelchair credit for that. Wow.

While driving home from Milwaukee, I stopped at a Mc Donald's in the middle of no where WI for my favorite car trip treat, a cheeseburger Happy Meal. Yum. The second I entered the building, I wanted to run back to my car. There was two woman with six kids between them and the kids were out of control. Not funny ha-ha out of control, but actual, out of control. They looked like a pack of wild dogs. They were jumping up and down, crying over not getting a soda and running all over. It was a spectacle and it was about to get worse. I turned away for a second and when I glanced over, a three year old had grabbed one of the bags and was grabbing cheeseburgers out of the bag. She proceeded to unwrap one of the cheeseburgers on the floor, put the cheeseburger on the floor, and eat it. Ewww... What did mom do? She asked her, "Did you get the one with the pickles?" I was appalled. Her kid had just eaten a cheeseburger that was on the dirty Mc Donald's floor for longer than five seconds. In addition to the pickles,she probably got some Salmonella, West Nile, Hepatitis, and Ringworm from that floor. I know that we have immune systems, but I don't think they protect against the dirtiest of all floors. The mom's concern for her baby having pickles was the classic do nothing parent. If I had done that when I was little, the cheeseburger would've went in the garbage and we would've went home, where I would've been punished. Of course, I knew how to behave in public. I saved my bad behavior for home. The kicker for me, was watching the family walk to their van with one of the kids running around outside without shoes on. Ewww... So Klassy. Klassy with a K, that is.

No comments: