(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Hazards of Life

I think I am getting Carpal Tunnel. I haven't been to the doctor, but I did my own self-diagnosis on WebMd last night. Today I am going to Target to purchase one of those lovely brace dealies. I've known for twelve years that this is probably inevitable. I am always typing on my computer and a lot of my jobs have been repetition filled. It is also my own fault. I am not always very careful how I carry large piles of clothing around at work. My preferred method is to grab a massively large handful of hangars between my thumb and my index finger. Yeah, I know that's not the best, but it's the fastest. I will have to stop that. It's just super frustrating. It's very hard not to use my left hand. I am a lefty, after all. Although, it does help that I am ambidextrous. It's what happens when you grow up in a right handed world. I can play most sports right or left handed. I was a fierce switch hitter when I played softball. I can use right handed scissors on my left hand (don't ask). Hopefully, I can cure this by resting my left hand and adjusting my routines. Cross your fingers...

No comments: