(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Monday, April 28, 2008

Coffee Detox

I love a good cup of coffee with a splash of cream. Lately, though, I have been consuming waaay too much coffee. Take yesterday, for example, I had a cup and a half before I went to work. For my drive to work I drank 3/4 of my travel mug, and with my lunch I had a grande iced coffee. Yep. That's too much coffee for one person. Early in the afternoon, I felt like I was on crack. I had this crazy energy that I couldn't contain. It was horrible. This is not my normal coffee intake. Usually, the most I'll drink is three cups a day. I've just been so burnt out lately, that I feel like I need the extra cup (or two or three) to survive the day. Better yet, a coffee IV would be great. I must find a way to cut back. I can't cut caffeine out of my diet, because I these horrible headaches and I turn into a monster. It really isn't pretty for anyone. This week my goal is to only consume coffee in the am. In the afternoon, if I need a pick me up, I'll have a Vitamin Water or a can of soda. Hopefully, this helps.

2 comments:

The Cheap Chick said...

I hear you! I was sitting at my computer at work, and all of a sudden it was like, bring on the spastic lady. I got all shaky and jittery and felt very on-crack-like.

You know what else has a surprisingly high amount of caffeine? White tea - it's like liquid cocaine for me.

Michelle said...

I've never had white tea. I'll have to try that. I love anything that's liquid cocaine. :)