(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dunkin Donuts Lives On in MN!

Today I discovered from a co-worker that Dunkin' Donuts is hiding from me--right in my 'hood. I am so excited. Apparently, there's a donut shop called Donut Time/ Donut Depot on Central Ave. and 46th-ish street in NE Minneapolis/ Columbia Heights. Donut Time looks just like a Dunkin' Donuts on the inside and sells real, authentic Dunkin' Donuts! This is better than Christmas! Before you think I'm crazy, I haven't had a Dunkin' Donuts donut in about 12 years. Since I was in high school. They are the official donut of my childhood. Growing up, there always seemed to be a Dunkin' Donuts on ever corner. Not anymore. The past couple of years, I've been on a nostalgia fueled crusade to locate a DD. I couldn't find one in Detroit and I'm never in the right area in Chicago to go to one. All this time, one is practically in my backyard. I can almost smell the Munchkin donut holes. This weekend, I'm going to check this place out. I only hope this isn't another thing that should stay in my childhood like Spaghetti O's and Dippin' Sticks.

No comments: