(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring Cleaning!

Today I finally got motivated for some spring cleaning. Back in December I went through my closet and got rid of all the clothes I never wear, but I never went through my dresser. I managed to fill three grocery bags full of goodies that I don't wear anymore. In fact, I put less back into my dresser than I took out. Hooray! I had tanks and tees that were in horrible shape and some that I just don't wear anymore. I was also shocked to discover that I own more leggings and tights than American Apparel. I don't even know how that happened. I think it's one of those things that I can't pass up when they are on sale. Note to self: next time I should. I have more tights/leggings than I have skirts. I went through my purses, too. This was a really hard thing for me to do. I always think I need to have a Rubbermaid size tote with purses on hand. Today after going through the tote, I realized that I have the strangest collection of purses EVER. They run the gamut from totally teen to old woman. I have no idea how that happened. It was scary, though. I uncovered one of those initial purses and a beige Sak purse that looked like something a 60 year woman would carry. I also have an absurd amount of silly going out bags that look ridiculously cheap. Lately, I've been very cautious about clothing purchases. I don't want to end up with the scary wasteland of clothes ever again. It does feel good to get rid of all the crap. More importantly, I have a clear idea of what I need to buy for summer.

2 comments:

The Cheap Chick said...

Oooo! Let's go shopping! I went to Opitz today, and they have crazy-good stuff in stock. Also? Tons of shoes, which are like love to me.

Michelle said...

We should go shopping! That would be fun. Uh-oh. Tons of shoes? That would be trouble for me! I love shoes! I can never have enough.