(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Monday, June 25, 2007

Double Feature

Last night I was able to catch a Woody Allen double feature of "Manhattan" and "Annie Hall" at the Oak Street Cinema. It was great. I am a huge Woody Allen fan and "Annie Hall" is one of my favorite movies of all time, so it was cool to see old school Woody Allen on the big screen.

I hadn't see "Manhattan" in it's entirety before. It is wonderful. I really enjoyed how Allen makes Manhattan into a character in the movie. The cinematography is great. Great witty dialogue. Wonderful cast.

I never get tired of "Annie Hall." I think it is one of the few movies that I could watch on a daily basis. I love it that much. It's such a great story and I love Diane Keaton's outfits in the movie. And you can catch a young Christopher Walken playing the creepy guy. That is always a bonus. He does creepy so well.

I was thinking about why I enjoy Woody Allen movies so much. Here's the short list: his female roles are always good, meaty roles. For the most part, the women are smart. The dialogue is smart and witty. Plus, his endings always seem to be very realistic and true to life. There isn't a pretty little Hollywood ending. I always feel inspired after watching one of his movies to go work on my screenplay.

If you get a chance the movies are playing there until June 28th. It is definitely worth it.

No comments: