(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Nancy Drew

Is it wrong that I'm really excited that the "Nancy Drew" movie comes out this Friday? I loved reading Nancy Drew books as a child. I am curious how they translate the books to the big screen. From the previews, it looks like this Nancy is a little truer to the original incarnation of Nancy. I recall this Nancy Drew/ Hardy Boys shows on the Disney Channel in the late 80's where Nancy was a bit of a hooch. She's too smart to be like that.

As a kid, I was all about being a spy myself. I secretly wished that there would be a big mystery in my neighborhood for me to solve. Alas, the suburbs are boring and that never happened. I tried to make up my own drama by creating stories about the neighbors involving UFO's and witches. Ahhh.... my poor, poor parents. I kept them on their toes. To this day, I love a good mystery a la Nancy Drew.

No comments: