(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

RIP Mr. Wizard

I just read that Mr. Wizard or Don Herbert, has passed away. He died of Bone Cancer. That really makes me sad. Growing up, I loved Mr. Wizard's World. I always wanted to recreate his experiments, which caused my mother added stress. I was the kind of kid who needed to be supervised at all times. Asking for odd things like a bike tire, a hammer and baking soda would send my mom into panic mode.

Mr. Wizard did a great job at engaging non-science loving students, like myself in cool science experiments. He had this way of making you learn without really knowing that you were. That I think is one of the great traits of a good teacher. He will be missed. As a side note, I didn't know that he was from Waconia, MN.

No comments: