(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Flashback to 1994

I swear everywhere I look I am reminded of my childhood. It started yesterday with the boys beating on the desk with the baseball bat. Today it was witnessing a Chinese Fire drill on my way home from work. For those of you not in the know, a Chinese Fire drill is conducted at a stoplight. Everyone exits the car and runs around the car one time and gets back to their original spot in the car before the light changes. My cousin Kevin taught me about these when I was a young teen. My friends and I attempted it on several occasions, but never really pulled it off. I had to laugh when I saw it today. It is dangerous, but funny at the same time. The teens were doing it at a super long light, too. I know it's not very adult of me to find these things funny, but I just do. I remember what it's like to be 16 with an active imagination and crazy friends. And I am always impressed with kids having good, clean fun. Hooray!

No comments: