(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Saturday, July 19, 2008

BIG NEWS

This is where I'll be living as of September 1st. No, I'm not moving into the Bean, I'm moving to Chicago! I am so excited. I have been thinking of this for quite a while (almost a year) and I'm finally doing it. I've just been so restless and in need of a big change. I'll be much closer ( two hours away) to my Dad and I have relatives that live in Chicago. It'll be nice to be able to spend time with them. I really feel that Chicago is where I finally will become a writer. And where I will finally find myself the magical adult career (my Dad is still harping away on that).

In the meantime, I am drinking as much Summit EPA as I can (they don't have it in Chicago) and trying to downsize my crap. I'm going to sell a lot of my furniture on Craigslist and sell my movies, cds and books at Half Price Books. I will also have a trunk full of goodies for Goodwill.

2 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Wow! Congratulations!

What kind of writer do you want to be?

Michelle said...

Thanks, Muffy!

I've been working on a screenplay forever. I'd also love to be a humorist a la David Sedaris.