(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Going, Going, Gone!

Yesterday I researched moving companies and I discovered that they are way too expensive. I figured they'd be more because of the price of gas, but not what I found. My stuff isn't even worth what they are charging. The cheapest was a little over a 1000 and the most expensive was 2700. I don't even have that much stuff. Especially furniture wise. I would hate to see what it would cost for a family to move. Yikes. After brainstorming with my practical, wise dad, I decided that I am selling most of my furniture. It's cheaper to just start from scratch in Chicago. The exceptions are my kitchen table, which was my parents when they first got married. And it still looks cool. I have two end tables that are probably from the 50's that were my grandpa's. I am only keeping the items that could be on "Antique Roadshow." Everything else will be part of my Liquidation Sale. Let me know if you or anyone you know is in need of following items:

  • A double bed.
  • Two desks- one desk is huge and nothing special. The other one, is adorable. It's shaped like a yellow jellybean and has cute white legs. I am super sad to part with that.
  • An IKEA black cube bookshelf.
  • A kitchen island.
  • A love seat .
  • A dresser.

My prices will be fair. I promise. I'm pretty savvy at pricing things. Especially since most of my stuff is from Target and IKEA. It's not like it's Italian furniture. The bed is from JCP and the loveseat is from HOM.

Today I'm taking pictures of my stuff and posting it on Craigslist. I figure with back to school for college kids, I should have no problem unloading my stuff.

No comments: