(The Blog Formerly Known as "Countdown to 30" and "30 is the New Twenty")

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thirty is Here


nataliedee.com


My countdown to thirty has finally ended! Woo-hoo. I survived my twenties. Barely. Bring on my thirties. I don't feel any older or wiser. I always thought it was funny when I was little and an adult would always ask me on my birthday if I felt any older. Um... no. I would always spend a couple hours wondering what it felt like to feel older, though.

Yesterday Christine and I went on a quest to locate a McDonald's that had a Ronald Mc Donald statue. She decided it would be fun for me to kick Ronald in the crotch. Something everyone needs to do before they turn thirty. We failed. Miserably. Apparently, Mc Donald's took Ronald out of the stores. That just seems wrong. There has to be an old school Mc Donald's somewhere in Minneapolis.

I am off to enjoy my birthday and the beautiful weather. And possibly a nap this afternoon, so I am well-rested for bowling tonight. Ahhh... I must be getting old if I need a nap.




2 comments:

Jess said...

Happy Birthday!

Thirty really isn't bad. In fact, I've been having a really good time in my 30s.

Michelle said...

Thanks. Glad to hear thirty isn't so bad...it can't be any worse than my 20's.